Sizing Up Solutions: Questions to Ask Every DSCSA Solution Provider
The Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA) protects your patients from counterfeit and illegitimate product, but it can also threaten your operational efficiencies. With the right solution, however, you can keep your pharmacy operation productive and ready for future challenges.
Selecting the right solution requires knowing what to ask each vendor, so you can best evaluate their ability to take on your compliance work, minimize your business risks, and deliver your hospital or pharmacy value beyond DSCSA compliance. To see how solution providers stack up against one another, ask these questions of each one that you’re considering.
A Solution and Services that Free Up Pharmacy Staff
- Does your company take on every DSCSA lot-level compliance task for us?
- Do you manage and maintain all of our product master data?
- When incoming information has errors, do you find and correct them before creating compliance documentation?
- Do you update your product master database from multiple sources—including new submissions from your customers?
- Will you convert our paper documentation into digital? If so, does that include paper we receive with drop shipments?
Technology Built Specifically for Drug Traceability and Serialization
- Can you connect us to all our trade partners via just one network connection?
- Will I be able to see our product inventory across all locations?
- Do you have 1,300+ suppliers on your network, ready to connect with us now?
- If my trade partners aren’t on your network, will you add them? If so, how long does it take and what does it cost to connect each one?
- Can your platform support and transfer massive volumes of data quickly and flexibly?
Customer Service… At Your Service
- Do you have more than 80 staff members dedicated to helping customers succeed?
- Do you have a team that ensures each of our trade partners receives data in the format they prefer?
- If we’re contacted for an inquiry or investigation, do you prepare documentation for us? Within the 2-business day requirement?
Industry-Leading Experience and Partnerships
- Do you work with major wholesalers to automatically remove over-the-counter product from the compliance process?
- Do you partner with GPOs—covering more than 90% of U.S. hospital pharmacies—to offer special member pricing?
- Do you have a collaborative peer community of more than 3,000 members, so I can learn from other healthcare and life sciences companies?
- Have you processed more than 260 million Transaction Histories to help customers meet lot-level compliance?
Using Serialization Data to Improve Business Efficiencies
- Can your solution currently leverage serialized product data to benefit my pharmacy operations?
- Will you deliver recall notifications to eliminate hours of manual recall work?
- Can you provide a more granular look at our inventory so we can proactively avoid product shortages?
- Will I get complete insight into our product expiry dates to better manage what’s on the shelf?
- Will I be able to verify product authenticity for patients?
Delivering Value Beyond DSCSA Compliance
- Have you developed additional services for healthcare organizations beyond meeting DSCSA regulations?
- Are you able to enhance patient safety by providing drug information at the point of care?
- Will we be able to benefit from information-sharing across all segments of the supply chain—and not just between supplier and recipient?
With the industry’s largest track and trace network, and experts dedicated solely to hospital and retail pharmacies, TraceLink takes on your DSCSA lot-level work and delivers value well beyond regulatory compliance. Find out how we’ve answered these questions for more than 350 hospital and pharmacy customers, and why over 4,200 different pharmacy locations rely on TraceLink as their long-term compliance and digital information partner.