TraceLink Educates NCPD Members on DSCSA Compliance
TraceLink Inc., the leader in protecting patient safety and enabling health for global Life Sciences, announced today that industry thought leader Lucy Deus, Vice President of Product Management at TraceLink will speak at the National Coalition of Pharmaceutical Distributors (NCPD) Annual Meeting to educate wholesale distributors on how to prepare for the US Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA). The meeting will take place on September 19, 2014.
“DSCSA establishes for the first time the foundation of a national (US/ Federal) requirement for tracking and tracing of drug products across the supply chain from pharmaceutical manufacturer to pharmacy dispenser. Given the size and diversity of the US Pharma supply chain and the complexity of the law’s tracing and verification regulations, implementation will pose significant challenges, particularly for wholesale distributors,” said Deus. “With only three months before the first DSCSA deadlines, getting started now with a clear action plan for you and your supply network is critical for compliance. I look forward to sharing what we have learned from our work on DSCSA compliance with 14 of the top 20 global pharma companies, dozens of wholesale distributors and numerous others across the supply chain.”
Lucy will be joining a noted group of pharmaceutical industry thought leaders at the NCPD meeting, including the FDA, McKesson, Pew Trust, Gray Robinson and GS1, to discuss DSCSA compliance preparation.
Who: Lucy Deus, Vice President of Product Management, TraceLink
What: National Coalition of Pharmaceutical Distributors (NCPD) Annual Meeting “Preparing for the US Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA)”
When: Friday, September 19, 2014
Where: Hyatt Regency Crystal City, Arlington VA
Developed in 2009 and continuously evolved to meet the needs of the pharma supply chain, the TraceLink Life Sciences Cloud is the only secure cloud-based network platform designed for mission-critical Life Sciences operations. The Life Sciences Cloud provides a highly connected and agile network and supply chain control tower linking tens of thousands of pharmaceutical companies, CMO/CPOs, 3PLs,
The TraceLink Life Sciences Cloud provides complete end-to-end DSCSA compliance support. A single link to TraceLink’s validated and audited platform provides complete connectivity to all suppliers and trading partners in a company’s business network regardless of technical capabilities or data exchange preferences. On the platform, capabilities include:
- TraceLink’s Transaction History Management System, Product Track, which provides integrated tracing and verification support for both lot-level and serialized products in a fully indexed compliance document repository
- Transaction History / Information / Statement data exchange flexibility with built-in support for HDMA ASN, GS1
EPCISand secure web portal
- Tools to enable wholesale distributors and others to securely and efficiently manage lot-level product inventory under DSCSA throughout receiving, putaway, pick, pack and ship operations
- Native support for all DSCSA compliance scenarios including direct purchase and non-direct purchase, drop shipment, saleable returns and other special provisions in DSCSA for manufacturers, wholesale distributors, repackagers and dispensers
- Integrated serialization applications which support future DSCSA serialization requirements as well as providing native support for China, Korea, India, Brazil and other global serialization, traceability and reporting regulations on a single harmonized platform
Learn more about TraceLink’s pharmaceutical track and trace solutions and supply network tower applications at www.tracelink.com.
TraceLink protects patients and enables health for companies across the global Life Sciences supply network through the TraceLink Life Sciences Cloud. The TraceLink Life Sciences Cloud is an Amazon AWS-based cloud application platform which enables complete global connectivity, visibility and traceability of pharmaceuticals from ingredient to patient. A single point and click connection to the Life Sciences Cloud creates a supply chain control tower that delivers the information,
TraceLink is funded by FirstMark Capital. FirstMark Capital is an