TraceLink’s Product Information Exchange (PIE) application allows companies to synchronize product data and control data exchanges between internal systems, external partners, and TraceLink applications such as Serialized Operations Manager, Master Data Exchange, and Product Information Manager.
Product Information Exchange enables companies to manage serialized product operations by providing access and controls over related product data to internal operations and external network partners.
- Create controlled exchange of product information (product master data, serialized product data) with supply and network partners
- Help protect internal enterprise and business systems from access by network entities by staging information in a secure repository outside internal firewalls
- Meet unique and diverse business or trade partner information requirements for data on product directory records
- Support and maintain massive, high performance serialized product information repositories to facilitate serialized product operations in large, high volume markets such as the United States and European Union
- Ensure that network-facing serialized product information is tightly synchronized with internal serialized packaging and distribution operations
- Help create controls across product distribution operations by enabling access to product status information (such as “suspect”, “expired”, “recalled”, etc.) for products that are part of inbound, internal, and outbound serialized product operations
Capabilities and Features
Product Information Exchange has been informed by years of company experience in serialized product operations and through collaboration with dozens of customer partners to help companies build a flexible and responsive serialized product network infrastructure.
- Create data synchronization rules for product master data, product identifiers, and product status made externally available through Product Information Exchange
- Enable network-facing applications like Product Information Manager to ensure that they have up-to-date product information for use in activities such as serialized product data exchange and product identifier verification
- Provide ability to publish, maintain, and search product directory records in Product Information Manager for network access
- Enable automated data exchanges via REST API or manually-controlled data transfers via a rich user interface
- Receive and process high-volume and high-velocity product identifier verification requests for a company’s own products stored in Product Information Manager
- Receive and process product identifier verification and status information requests from TraceLink’s Smart Event Manager
- Access and download verification history, including setting filtering rules, for verification events against products and store archive of such history to meet regulatory and business requirements
- Maintain an audit trail for future reference and analysis of activities and actions