TraceLink’s Smart Event Manager application (SEM) provides capabilities similar to an event ledger, which captures and records serial number observations on serialized objects related to supply chain, warehouse, and retail / internal distribution network activities in an independent repository, independent of other track and trace or serial number life cycle requirements.
Smart Event Manager is designed to work with other TraceLink applications that consume and leverage serial number event observations, helping enable workflow actions based on those observations.
- Capture serial number and event observations related to pharmacy, warehouse and supply chain activities in an independent data repository
- Capture events and observations in any order based on your operational need
- Trigger operational activities and application events based on captured observations
- Integrate with mobile devices, warehouse systems, and other applications to capture a rich set of data about serialized products within your facilities
Capabilities and Features
Smart Event Manager is designed to work with other TraceLink applications that consume and leverage serial number event observations, and enable workflow actions based on those observations.
- Provides a set of synchronous REST JSON APIs to communicate and query for serial number operations, enabling integration with handheld barcode scanners, retail store / pharmacy management systems, and warehouse systems
- Capture of a broad range of serial number observations including verification, shipment/receipt, destruction, dispensation and more
- Capture a rich set of observation data, including serial number, timestamp, location, market, event type, or other critical custom extension data about the event
- Configure API messages to record events and observations, and query the event repository for previously captured observations and their data
- Integration with other TraceLink application to support several key business and operational use cases including
- Smart Inventory Tracker to capture events across distribution, retail, and internal distribution operations
- NMVS Compliance to request or change status with the appropriate national medicines verification system under EU FMD compliance requirements
- Product Information Manager to request serial number status in the Product Information Manager repository and notify users of such status, and additional, optional states such as Recalled, Suspect, or Expired, to assist in DSCSA product identity verification activities
- Serialized Operations Manager to trigger the delivery of status update transactions from a 3PL to a brand owner/manufacturer