TraceLink Solution Designer is a no-code/low-code, UI-driven customization and configuration environment that enables TraceLink, customers, and solution partners, to customize applications to meet unique business needs while tapping into the rich data, services, and networking capability of the Opus Platform.
Solution Designer enables a unique ability to take the rich capabilities and functionality of existing applications on the Opus Platform and customize and extend those applications in a controlled fashion to meet current or emerging business, operational, and technical requirements.
- Enable customization of applications for unique business situations, while leveraging the standardized core canonical metadata model, workflow, business logic, and APIs of an application to help ensure interoperability with the Opus Platform and TraceLink Network.
- Help ensure interoperability and future maintainability of solutions by enabling enhancements and customizations in a controlled environment.
- Create new application user experiences and configurations to meet unique business and operational user needs for your organization, including development of multiple configurations for the same application for different classes of end users and organizations.
- Access and download existing Solution Packages which have been developed to tailor and extend an application, or use Solution Builder to create new customizations for existing or modified applications.
- Increase confidence in using customized applications through well defined customization guardrails and a well defined Solution Package testing/deployment process.
Capabilities and Features
Solution Designer provides several capabilities for customizing and tailoring underlying application to meet specific business, operational and technical requirements while still enabling the application to take full advantage of Opus Platform network capabilities and the "integrate-once, interoperate-with-everyone" network design and canonical data model.
- Design Studio: Design and customize responsive user experiences with Opus UI componentry, modify the display and order of text and content, configure data and actions, modify predefined filters and queries, and add logic and conditions to fine tune the experience for unique classes or users or business conditions.
- Workflow Studio: Extend the underlying workflows, add additional workflow steps and transition states, add business logic, or insert event handlers to fine tune business processes and provide different functionality to different business units or network partners.
- Data Studio: Enhance and extend the underlying canonical data model of business object types, extend object types, add additional data fields / attributes, define field types and enumerated lists, control visibility and mandatory settings for input, add field validation rules, create field dependencies, and modify and configure conditions to capture, track, and report upon additional data relevant to internal and network partner processes.
- Role Maker: Create and modify unique roles for a company's users and the users of their partner members on shared business processes, define administrative roles governing areas like membership and link management, define business user roles to permissions on data access/visibility and actions available with screens, functions, and data via UI or integration interfaces to provide unique, distinct data access based on business need.
- Policy Maker: Configure the expressions underlying the roles that are evaluated to determine user access to data and actions, customize policies and permissions to control access to data based on business need.
- Solution Packages: Create a predefined, reusable assembly of assets to download and apply within Solution Builder, and export a configuration for later reuse.
- Solution Management. Discover available solution packages and explore its contents and capabilities, install and verify a solution package.
Related Product Information