TraceLink’s Serial Number Exchange (SNX) application enables internal packaging and external CMO / CPO sites and packaging lines to request, exchange, and monitor the disposition (commission, aggregation, transformation, etc.) of serial numbers and related events for products with the brand owner or MAH's serialization management system.
Serial Number Exchange helps companies to better manage serialization processes and serialized product packaging operations with internal packaging sites and external partners.
- Manage the allocation of serial numbers, providing better visibility into serialization processes and the states of serialized products produced
- Gain a single view into serial number inventory across multiple dimensions, including the product level and the packaging site level
- Control and tailor serial number requests, commissioning processes, and aggregation processes
- Create a single process for both internal packaging facilities and external contract manufacturers/packagers (CMOs/CPOs)
- Simplify packaging site onboarding by leveraging packaging sites and CMOs/CPOs already onboarded onto the TraceLink Network, or use predefined integrations with leading line management systems to get new sites quickly connected
- Enhance interoperability with diverse packaging ecosystems through the use of data translations
Capabilities and Features
Serial Number Exchange has a wide range of capabilities informed by years of close collaboration with industry to enable companies to create a flexible, comprehensive serialization and product identity infrastructure across internal and external supply network operations.
- Configure internal locations and external partners for subscription to Serial Number Exchange information and transactions
- Create profiles configurable by location and product to manage serial number access by product packaging code (GTIN, NTIN, GS1 Company Prefix for SSCCs, etc.) for packaging sites and lines
- Define and enable request/response interfaces for SGTINs, SSCCs, specialty formats (China EDMC, etc.), Russia crypto keys/codes, and more
- Configure minimum balance thresholds for packaging codes assigned to subscribed entities
- Integrate to and exchange key serialization event data with packaging sites and lines via flexible Disposition Assigned messages for commission, aggregation, and transformation for serial number allocations
- Exchange well defined transaction information with packaging facilities across the packaging lifecycle from initial production order and transfer of serial numbers to final disposition of serial numbers used, reserved, or deactivated
- Exchange serialization information and related transactions in a fully automated/integrated faction using XML or EPCIS, leverage CSV download capabilities, or leverage the user interface for maximum flexibility
- View and report on allocations and status (provisioned, used, encoded, deactivated, transferred in/out, etc.)
- View and report on serial number exchange exceptions
- Export created Serial Number Exchange profiles by CSV
- Search and view configured serial number exchange profiles (packaging code/type, location, status),
- Report by packaging location across several attributes including packaging code/type, serial number allocations, event/transaction types, exceptions, etc.
- Capture and view an extensive log of packaging events for future review and audit trailing