TraceLink’s Serialized Traceability is an application which is being developed to enable the exchange of serialized product information between a company and supply chain partners to support emerging compliance and business requirements in markets like Brazil for product traceability across a country’s supply chain.
Serialized Traceability is designed to help companies meet current and emerging global compliance requirements for the “horizontal integration” of trading partners and the exchange of serialized product data and related information between those partners.
- Ensure trading partner receives timely and accurate data on the serialized products which are being shipped
- Simplify and automate the ability to collect and share serialized product data in a form which which trading partners can use and consume in their business operations
- Reduce networking complexity in connecting to and integrating with a diverse trade partner ecosystem to facilitate the exchange of data with those partners without resorting to complex and hard to maintain point-to-point network integrations
Capabilities and Features
Through extensive collaboration with pharmaceutical manufacturers, distributors and other leaders in the supply chain, Serialized Traceability is being designed as a flexible solution to help companies exchange serialized product data. Some of the expected capabilities of the Serialized Traceability application being developed include:
- Enable exchange of serialized product data between trading partners with a commercial relationship to support the track and trace compliance needs of those partners
- Configure data formats (EPCIS, CSV, etc.) to make it easy for individual trade partners to receive and use the data in a form which is easy to consume
- Leverage market-specific workflows to help ensure that trading partners receive the appropriate serialized product data for products which are being transacted (bought/sold) between the partners
- Leverage the TraceLink Network and its extensive supply and trade partner network membership to speed connections with currently onboarded trade partners and simplify connections with new partners