EU FMD Compliance for Pharmacies
The TraceLink Pharmacy Application gives pharmacists a secure and reliable way to meet all their FMD requirements. Supported by the TraceLink Life Sciences network, the app has been designed to provide a simple and cost-effective solution that lets dispensers and healthcare practitioners focus on delivering better patient care.
- Easy to use - The App runs on either a mobile phone or tablet—no requirement for additional hardware or separate server. It can be used anywhere; no need to be tied to a desk or specific location.
- Secure - Users are verified through two-factor authentication. Transactions are encrypted and stored in a secure web service so you can be confident that data is protected. And it's GDPR-ready.
- Reliable - Backed by a 24/7 service desk, the app automatically takes care of any software updates and regulatory changes. With unlimited transaction scalability offered by the TraceLink network, users can depend on the app to handle all their FMD needs.
Pharmacists simply use a mobile device to scan any prescription medicine and submit the product code (GTIN/NTIN), serial number, lot number, and expiry date with the verification or decommission request, and the application will receive the status from the national system.
A single solution for every dispenser
Designed to streamline FMD compliance for retail pharmacies, hospital pharmacies, dispensing doctors, and healthcare practitioners, the TraceLink Pharmacy Application can be used as soon as it's downloaded—using the app is not dependent on other pharmacy software or hardware—and provides full visibility on pharmacy transactions through configurable dashboard.
- Functionality includes verification, dispense and decommission, destroy, sampling, and ability to undo transactions within 10-day window.
- Individual user access rights can be customized and assigned according to roles and the application supports multiple users under a single hospital account.
- Real-time and cached transactions ensure that data is transmitted in the case of a service disruption.
- Centralized dispensing and flexibility to dispense medicines when and where required is supported.
- Risk of dispensing errors is reduced through the ability to cross-check medicines against patient record. Medicines can be decommissioned at any point in the hospital supply chain.
- There is an option to use manufacturers’ aggregated codes through the TraceLink network.
- There is an option for a separate hand-held barcode scanner for high volume of transactions.
TraceLink keeps you compliant and connected
For pharmacies with EU FMD requirements, the TraceLink Pharmacy Application enables dispensers to meet their verification and decommissioning requirements under the law without any disruption to existing workflows. Access to expert local support provides answers to any technical questions about the application and its capabilities.