Compliance requires increased management of master data inside and outside of your company
For most pharma companies, there is no single place within their organization where all master data is stored: it’s spread across multiple systems, from the CRM to the product master. But compliance requires a central place to access it. Without that, companies must develop complex business logic to retrieve it for shipment messages and other required tasks.
And while managing master data within your four walls is challenging enough, the task becomes even more daunting when compliance requires communication of master data across a larger ecosystem, and updates across to different partners whenever a change occurs.
Providing Master Data Management as a Service
TraceLink provides an application that enables companies to consolidate master data into a single area from which they can pull it, helping to automate and enrich processes down the line. TraceLink manages the one-time setup, relieving your company of the need to write complex business logic. Then when master data elements are required as part of managing compliance transactions, we look them up in this central master data management repository.
Additionally, TraceLink helps customers meet the business need of exchanging master data with partners in a controlled way. If a partner subscribes to your master data service, when updates are made, they get broadcast to those partners, eliminating the need for a staff resource on your end to manage this process.
Our Master Data Management application allows customers to:
- Maintain customer, trade partner and location data as well as all product master data at the GTIN level for generating serial numbers against product templates in Serial Number Manager
- Validate and enrich compliance messages sent to governments and trade partners
- Provide master data to TraceLink in three ways
- Manual entry through the user interface
- File upload
- Automated interface from customer to TraceLink on a period- or change-triggered basis
- Push master data to other subscribing systems to coordinate serialization data exchange