Serialized Operations Manager (SOM) provides a serialization repository and operational hub in packaging, warehouse and distribution activities to handle inbound / outbound product movements, pack / repack / labeling activities, status changes and more.
Companies must manage complex serialization and aggregation choreographies to meet operational and compliance objectives, including capturing and reporting serialized product activities between manufacturers and CMOs and 3PLs—such as shipping, receiving, and destruction—as well as activities that trigger compliance reporting in various geographies.
- Create a serialized product operations hub to manage serialized product state starting at packaging, capture important operational events related to serialized product, and trigger automated compliance reporting to governmental systems or trade partners
- Build and maintain a serialized product information repository to enable access to key product state and events (shipping, receiving, destruction, sampling, etc.)
- Make internal operations "serialization-aware" by informing the business of serialized product inventories, critical product movements/events, and current state to help support shipping, receiving, recall management, and other activities
Serialized Operations Manager helps manufacturers, distributors, and other supply chain participants build and maintain an operational repository for serialized inventory information and events across manufacturing and warehouse operations to support the full lifecycle of serialized inventory management.
Create Automated, Efficient Workflows
Create automated, efficient workflows and choreographies to link serialized product operations to existing product packaging, warehousing, distribution and supply chain operations
- Packaging and batch/product release processes
- Commissioning, aggregation and rework
- Warehouse and distribution activities (receiving, shipping, transfers)
- Special scenarios (quality sampling, damage)
Gain Serialized Product Visibility
Gain critical visibility into serialized product inventory and status of serialized products moving through operations.
Trigger Government Reports
Trigger government reports and compliance data exchanges with trade partners based on business rules set for product, market, or government requirements.
Maintain Serialization Data Repositories
Maintain and enhance accuracy of serialization data repositories as product operations cause product state and serialized product packaging containment hierarchies change.
Better Supply Chain Planning
Leverage accurate, real-time view into serialized product inventory and status to feed analytics and inform supply chain planning and operations.
Serialized Operations Manager has a broad range of data management and operational capabilities to support a company and its supply network’s serialized product operations
- Manage serialized inventory operations across plant /warehouse operations, including CMO and 3PL partners
- Receiving, pick/pack, ship
- Commissioning, aggregation
- Aggregation changes
- Inventory and aggregation status updates
- Rework, relabeling, sampling, destruction
- Configure business rules and workflows to match your operational processes, and define key touch points between the serialized operations system and other distribution systems
- Define and update serial number status, warehouse states, etc. to provide needed visibility about serialized products in inventory
- Define operational triggers and asynchronous workflows for serialization data exchange, compliance report submission, and more
- Configure location data to enable site-specific systems, user administration, and business rules
- Enable synchronous and asynchronous data exchange with ERP, WMS, distribution systems, or 3rd party EPCIS repositories through standardized APIs
- Integrate mobility and edge devices with our standardized API to serialization-enable product operations
- Leverage simplified UI to manage special cases, low-volume activities, and for exception management
- Run inquiries and view operational reports
Serial Number Manager (SNM) enables pharmaceutical manufacturers, contract manufacturers/packagers…
Serial Number Exchange enables companies to create a flexible, comprehensive serialization and…
Master data solution to help create a central repository for the exchange of partner, company, and…
Serialized Product Intelligence provides real-time insights to lot-level events through proactive…
Learn about the unprecedented rise in supply chain disruptions and what it will take for pharma…
Learn how serialization process exceptions and supply chain disruptions are impacting your peers and…
Watch this video to learn how TraceLink’s integrated pharma supply chain platform can give you…