TraceLink Inc., the World’s Largest Track and Trace Network for connecting the life sciences supply chain and providing real-time information sharing for better patient outcomes, today announced that it now serves over 1,000 customers in 43 countries, delivering proven solutions for companies that are complying with U.S. Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA), EU Falsified Medicines Directive (FMD) and additional track and trace requirements in Russia, India, South Korea, China and Brazil.
In the third quarter of 2018, TraceLink reached 1,016 customers, representing a 46 percent year-over-year increase in total customers, including:
- 63 percent representing pharmaceutical and contract manufacturers;
- 5 percent representing wholesale distributors and parallel importers; and
- 32 percent representing pharmacies, hospitals, clinics and health systems
“Since the Company’s founding nearly ten years ago, our mission has been to build a track and trace network for the life sciences supply chain in order to protect patients, enable health, grow profits, and ensure compliance for our customers,” said Shabbir Dahod, president and CEO, TraceLink. “Now, with more than 270,000 trade partners exchanging data on our network, TraceLink is fueling the digitalization of the global pharmaceutical supply chain. We are still only at the beginning, but this milestone demonstrates our successful progress in delivering proven compliance solutions, while enabling interoperable, real-time information-sharing for companies on our network, as we move towards our goal of creating a highly predictable supply chain for the industry.”
TraceLink’s Leading Life Sciences Cloud Platform Serves All Sizes and Types of Companies in the Pharmaceutical Supply Chain
Companies of varying sizes and segments across the life sciences supply chain have selected TraceLink as their serialization partner to comply with global serialization requirements and exchange data with their trade partners, including:
- Chester Medical Solutions, one of the UK’s leading contract development and manufacturing organizations: “As one of the first UK packaging companies to implement fully compliant EU FMD services, we made the decision to invest in serialization to ensure that our customers are ahead of the curve in being prepared for the February 2019 deadline. We offer a wide range of innovative printing and packaging services and TraceLink was the only solution provider that could accommodate our exacting needs, while providing our customers with continuous compliance by enabling us to exchange critical product data with them,” said Ian Robinson, Director of Business Development at Chester Medical Solutions.
- Trillium Health, an integrated, personalized primary and specialty medical care organization: “As a provider of affordable, accessible and quality health care for our community, we fully support DSCSA and are committed to ensuring the delivery of safe medicines to our patients,” said Mark J. Malahosky, R.Ph., BPharm, Vice President of Pharmacy Services at Trillium Health. “In order to prepare for the upcoming serialization regulations for pharmacies, we chose TraceLink’s solution to enable us to cost-effectively comply with DSCSA and connect directly to our wholesale partners.”
- IBI Lorenzini, an Italian-based, family-run pharmaceutical company and contract manufacturing organization (CMO): “IBI Lorenzini is a unique business, operating as both a pharmaceutical company and a CMO in a number of markets, which adds an additional layer of complexity when implementing a serialization solution. After careful analysis of serialization solutions and a strong recommendation from our pharmaceutical brand customers, we selected TraceLink’s Life Sciences Cloud platform to deliver the flexibility and scalability we needed to connect with both our partners and customers as quickly and efficiently as possible, while providing a simple connection into the EU Hub,” said Luca Pezzano, Operations Director at IBI Lorenzini.
- Normon Laboratories, one of the first generics pharmaceutical manufacturers in Spain: “At Normon, we uphold our commitment to developing the safest and highest quality medicines at affordable prices for everyone. Our dedication to ensuring patient safety was a key factor in selecting a partner with a proven solution to comply with EU FMD,” said Gonzalo Fernández Govantes, Chief Operating Officer of Normon Laboratories. “We selected TraceLink for its demonstrated EU and country compliance capabilities and enterprise scalability. As Normon continues to expand its business through ongoing innovation, we are confident that TraceLink can provide the breadth of support needed in order for Normon to successfully comply with EU and global regulations."
- Praxis Packaging Solutions, headquartered in Michigan, is a full service contract packaging organization (CPO): “Praxis ensures that product quality and consumer safety are at the forefront of everything we do. We needed a cost-effective serialization solution provider that was proven in providing an end to end digital supply chain network, with the agility to quickly connect and validate the brands within our infrastructure,” said Scott Hanmer, Senior Vice President of Praxis Packaging. “Now that TraceLink is integrated into our overall serialization program, we can provide our customers with the highest levels of product control and tracking throughout our part of the supply chain, from our receipt of incoming product until the time we ship the finished goods.”
- Biosyn, one of the first biotechnology companies in Germany: “After working with TraceLink to successfully complete our conformance testing, we have received EMVO approval to begin submitting data to the EU Hub, nearly 10 months ahead of the EU FMD deadline,” said Ortwin Kottwitz, CEO of biosyn. “Gaining EMVO certification with the TraceLink conformance test kit was simple and straightforward, and with TraceLink’s multi-tenant approach, we are well-positioned for continued certification despite any unforeseen changes to our systems in the future.
- FAREVA, a global pharmaceutical and API leading CDMO, based in France: “Serialization impacts every aspect of the pharmaceutical supply chain, and as a CDMO, we recognize the critical role we play in regard to industry preparedness. After a thorough evaluation, TraceLink stood out as the only provider who had a solution that would eliminate the time-intensive and cost prohibitive task of point-to-point connections, while also allowing us to streamline data exchange with our customers and support them in being compliant with serialization regulations,” said Sebastien Poncet, Vice-President of Sales at FAREVA.
- Sharp Packaging Services, global market leader in commercial and clinical contract packaging services for the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry: “Our partnership with TraceLink demonstrates Sharp’s ongoing commitment to deliver on its mission of providing quality products and services to our customers, while complying with the most demanding global and U.S. requirements for drug serialization,” said Rick Seibert, SVP Innovation and Technology at Sharp.
Attending CPhI Worldwide in Madrid? Visit TraceLink and its customers, including Sharp Packaging Services, FAREVA, and Recipharm. At CPhI, TraceLink will be presenting in the Pharma Insights Briefing Room with Sharp Packaging Services on “Engaging the Patient: The opportunities & challenges of a fully serialization-enabled supply chain,” scheduled for October 9 at 1:50 p.m. CEST.