TraceLink’s Serial Number Manager (SNM) application supports the global generation, importation, replenishment and provisioning of serial numbers for companies needing unique product identifiers for products across one or more packaging configurations to meet compliance or supply chain requirements.
Serial Number Manager helps pharmaceutical manufacturers, contract manufacturers/packagers, and other organizations to develop and implement sophisticated global product identification strategies by enabling a flexible, rules-based serialization infrastructure.
- Implement a flexible and resilient serialization capability across products and markets with the deep knowledge and templatized capabilities built-in about the nuances and special cases in today's global serialization ecosystem (code structures, generation rules, packaging specifications, etc.)
- Use Serial Number Manager to help create a global serialization control tower that can help give your organization a comprehensive view into global product identity and serialized product operations
- Centrally manage product identify being created for unique market needs and supporting internal and diverse external supply ecosystems
- Adapt to changing and emerging serialization requirements with a serialization engine designed to meet diverse global identification needs
Capabilities and Features
Serial Number Manager provides an extensive set of capabilities to enable a company to create a global serialization ecosystem to manage the diverse requirements for regulatory and trade partner product identification.
- Manages the creation of serial numbers for global product identifier and serialization requirements
- Generates serial numbers used across multiple packaging hierarchies (saleable unit, bundle, cases, pallets, etc.)
- Supports GS1 standards for serial number formats (e.g. SGTIN, SSCC), proprietary formats (e.g., CN-EDMC), and special scenarios such as Russia Crypto Code requests
- Create reusable rules-based serialization templates
- Product identifiers and number format requirements (e.g., number format, EAN, GTIN-14, NTIN, company prefix, extension digit, etc.)
- Generation of sequential serial numbers or randomized serial numbers defined by standards-based or regulatory-specified rules
- Unique serial number range creation rules for each encoding format and site
- Request quantities and min/max thresholds
- Special character management
- Define templates via the UI or upload rules from CSV
- Supports TraceLink generation of serial numbers or importation and auto-replenishment of serial numbers from other sources (supply partners, gov’t defined systems, etc.)
- Define separate serial number pools per packaging location
- View replenishment history and define notifications of critical events
- Master data synchronization for product information