This is a compilation of the recent regulatory updates for Saudi Arabia. Every week, we post an update of what's new, which you can view here.
- February 3: An SFDA-GS1 joint workshop will take place on February 5, 2019.
- January 27: Formal updates have not yet been published concerning the January 7, 2019 deadline and Saudi Food and Drug Authority (SFDA) enforcement. The SFDA continues to hold individual meetings, but hasn't issued a timeframe for when formal guidance will be published.
- December 2: The government has updated information on the v1.0.2 technical guidelines. The deadline of January 7, 2019 has yet to be finalized along with details of how the government may apply the guidelines.
- November 25: The government has published a new regulatory website that will be used for submission of stakeholder identification and locations and also issued new forms to test government compliance reporting.
- November 4: New deadlines of July 2019 have been published for aggregation and compliance reporting.
- October 28: Compliance implementation guidelines were updated and published this past week. These updates did not include a listing of dates for compliance.
- August 5: The comment period on the draft Integration Guide for compliance has now closed. An updated Guide is expected by the end of September.
- February 11: The reporting of GLN codes is required by February 28 for each factory and warehouse serving the country.